Tuesday, November 25, 2014
On November 5, 2014 we had a war between the soups: Houston vs. Saigon. Patsy Brautigam demonstrated a wonderful tortilla soup made from a turkey carcass. With a little bit of fire and spice, we all enjoyed this very Tex Mex delight topped with tortilla chips. Huyen made a famous Chao Ca from white fish. This healthful soup is often fed to those who are feeling under the weather. It is easy to digest and delicious to boot. We all enjoyed a nice helping of this yummy soup. In the end, the soups were so different and nutritious that we proclaimed a tie.
Vietnamese Fish Congee Recipe
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Did you know?
- If someone doesn't connect his o's or a's he can't keep a secret.
- If you cross your t above the stem and it doesn't touch, you are a dreamer and you dream big. If your t's form a loop, you are vain.
- If you are lying, you will often pull an ear, blink a lot, swallow before answering, carotid twitch, and touch your face.
- If someone is telling the truth, eyes might shoot to the left to remember.
- If someone is lying, eyes might shoot to the right.
Alice asked anyone in the audience who had small handwriting to come up. She spoke to one young woman with small handwriting and said that it is a sign of low self-esteem. She said that she had lots going for her and not to put herself down. We all enjoyed the humor of the program, but also the positive way Alice ended the show: Look yourself in the mirror each day and say "Darn I'm good, (elbow and knee back) YES!"