Many thanks to Jason Moulenbelt and Torie Van Wie for their donations to decorate our door prizes.
|Carol and her door prize|
Peppermint Body Scrub
- 1 to 1-1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or other oil of your choice - grape oil is good because it doesn't have much of a scent)
- 4-6 drops peppermint oil (or more if you like it more peppermint-y)
If using coconut oil, place in microwave-safe dish and heat until it liquefies (15-30 seconds should do). Combine oil and sugar--adding more sugar if you would like a coarser texture scrub. Add peppermint oil, stir and pour into your storage container. Enjoy your yummy smelling, skin-smoothing body scrub the next time you bathe or shower!
Note: Because you are using a product with oils, it will leave a bit of oil on your tub or shower. Use caution as this might make the tub or shower a bit slippery.
Tracy's Taco Seasoning (adapted from allrecipes.com):
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1-1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. onion powder
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t. dried oregano
- 2-3 grinds of sea salt
- 1-2 grinds of black pepper
In a small bowl, mix together ingredients. Combine with 1 lb. cooked ground beef and 3/4 cup to 1 cup of water. Simmer 5-10 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Serve with your favorite taco toppings!
Tracy's Overnight Refrigerator Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt (I use vanilla flavored--if you don't use one that is sweetened, you might need to add some sort of sweetener to taste)
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
Add all ingredients to mason jar. Cover jar with lid and place in refrigerator overnight. Go to bed. Wake up in the morning, open the fridge and enjoy your oats (either cold or heated in the microwave).
Note: After adding ingredients and covering with a lid, you can shake your jar to combine OR you can just leave them layered in the jar and mix with a spoon before serving. Either way works great but the layers are much prettier in the jar!